Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dive time histogram

I did my longest dive ever a few days ago, clocking in at 169 minutes...I was trying to collect enough snails to run this experiment. Similar to what I did when I logged my coldest dive ever, I am histogramming my dive log by dive time to see just how extreme this value is. The answer is: very.


I also looked at dive time by dive type. Here is a graph of scientific vs. recreational dive times. I have 170 scientific dives and 54 recreational dives logged, so I plotted frequency rather than absolute counts to get a better comparison of the distributions. They are quite different! It seems that my longest and shortest dives have been research dives, and the scientific dive distribution is much more spread out than the recreational dive distribution. Interestingly enough, they have similar medians that fall in the 40-50 min bin.



No comments:

Post a Comment