Sunday, February 27, 2011

Squiddy

This is an old drawing that I made back in freshman year (in intro geology class, I believe). I think my squid drawing abilities are far better than my platypus drawing abilities.


The squid-with-big-gaping-hole-in-mantle is something that I notice everywhere, but when I re-discovered my old cartoon I decided to see how prevalent it actually is. So I ran a quick search for "squid" on Google Images, filtered by "clipart" to see. I excluded photographs and things that were clearly unrelated (e.g. things with the word 'squid' but no actual squid, squid-style multiplugs, people dressed as squids, etc) and put things that were labeled 'squid' but clearly not (e.g. octopuses, jellyfish, cthulhu) under the "Not a squid" category. This survey covers ~20 pages of Google Image results.


No comments:

Post a Comment