Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Histograms!!!

Okay, so it must be that none of my previous instructors have been cool enough to exploit the FULL RANGE OF DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICAL TOOLS on MyCourses because I have never seen this little function before. It is seriously awesome.

Behold the BIOL 28 grade histogram!!!

You can toggle the width of the bins (I think the allowed range is from 3 -65 bins). Below is the largest number of bins for which the interval labels are still readable (after this they kind of smoosh together and you just get vertical lines). I won't say how long I spent toggling them back and forth...
So...apart from being awesome by scanning and grading every single exam (of 255) the same day they were taken, the biochemistry instructors win because they have histograms I can play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment