Sunday, April 10, 2011

My mileage*

I should be studying physics, but I found a great distraction: graphing the total (cumulative) distance I've travelled since the start of freshman year. This includes travel by air, road, rail and water that is from one town/city to another (so it excludes general day to day moving around, going to the grocery store etc. but includes things like Providence to Newport or Nahant).

I was quite impressed. I've done slightly over 120,000 miles, which is almost 5 times around the Earth, and about halfway to the moon. I haven't quite made the entire Canadian coastline, though...
I'm going to keep this dataset and re-graph it when I graduate. How many miles can one travel in 4 years of undergrad education? We shall see.



* Obviously I am using miles because I have lived in the US too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment